Turn your phone into a security camera: Do you have an old smartphone? So instead of locking it up in a cupboard, give it a new life by turning it into a security camera? Still confused? Don't worry I will walk you through the complete procedure how to do it.
Actually, old phones have a low resale value so using it for security purpose would be a great idea. Use your phone to check on pets, monitor babies as they sleep or even alert your deliveries. Even phones that have aesthetic damage, such as a cracked screen, it will still work very well as a free security camera.
Happy Reading 🙂
- An Old Smartphone, Tablet, device that connects to the internet or WiFi network.
- A charger cable for the device.
- Your Preferred app.
Apps that can turn your smartphone into a camera are:
- IP Webcam Pro
- TinyCam Monitor Pro
- Skype (Free)
- Manything but it only works for iOS, free and paid plans are available.
- Web of Cam
Follow these steps:
- Download your app of choice from the Play Store or App Store. With some, you will need a Google Account. All of these apps work on Android and iOS devices Except Manything.
- Follow the instructions to make sure your app is installed so the phone can film while on standby/have a black screen.
- When setting up your security cam, make sure your phone is charged. Old phones usually have low battery life and using the camera will drain the power.
- Find an appropriate spot where you want to have your security camera. Make sure the place is in good brightness and cover the arena.
- Using these apps, you will be able to access your account from another internet-connected device, which means you can check your home from anywhere.
- If you're using a smartphone which supports flash. Then you can use the LED flashlight on the back of the phone as a light source so you film in the dark.
Congratulations you have made a security camera on your own. Feeling Smart huh!! 😀
I hope you learnt something new today.
Ask them in the comment section below. We would be happy to help.
Thanks For Reading 🙂